PREPARE TO APPLY FOR OUR PLUMBING APPRENTICESHIP IN 2020
The Joint Apprenticeship Committee for Local 130 will be accepting applications for the Plumbing Apprenticeship Program. An application can be submitted in person only, at one of our three training centers during the scheduled dates and times listed below. A $25.00 non-refundable application fee is required. No cash or personal checks will be accepted. You may pay by money order or cashier’s check, made payable to ‘Plumbers JAC Local 130’ or by Visa or MasterCard with a convenience fee. All applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.
REQUIREMENTS AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
- Completed Application
- You may complete an application on-site OR
- Download, complete and bring with you on the day you apply
- Your valid driver’s license
- Your Birth Certificate or Valid U.S. Passport
- Proof of Completion of High School
- Original High School Diploma OR
- GED Certificate OR
- Sealed Official High School Transcripts OR
- College Diploma with Transcripts OR
- Copy of Veterans DD214
- Apprentice Plumbing License, current or expired (if applicable)
- $25.00 non-refundable fee
- Optional: if you wish to purchase the Test Taking Tip Book for $10.00, your total will be $35.00 in the form of a money order or cashier’s check or $35.00 plus a convenience fee if paying by card.
- Must read, write and speak the English language
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Pass an aptitude test
- Pass a drug screen including marijuana
- Pass a physical exam
- Pass an agility test
- Applicants must always possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be at least 18 years of age (Applicants who are 17 years of age may apply provided he or she will be 18 years of age prior to being registered by the JAC)
SCHEDULE OF DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS:
You can apply in person on a Tuesday, Wednesday OR Thursday starting on January 21, 2020 and ending on February 20, 2020.
All 3 Training Centers will be open and accepting applications from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Extended hours will be available at all 3 locations on Thursdays from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
1400 W WASHINGTON BOULEVARD, CHICAGO, IL 60607
(Cross Street: Washington Boulevard & Loomis)
2114 SOUTH I-80 FRONTAGE ROAD, JOLIET, IL 60436
31855 NORTH US HIGHWAY 12, VOLO, IL 60073
Applicants submitting the required documents at the time of registration will be given all the information where and when to appear for the aptitude test. Drug screen, physical, and physical agility test information will be provided if invited to a pre-orientation meeting.
The application form fields can be typed, to save yourself time, please take advantage of this feature by filling out your application and printing out a copy before applying in person.
Click Here to download the packet.
THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS TO THESE REQUIREMENTS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS. ANYTHING CONTAINED IN THIS NOTICE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
PLEDGE OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITY IN APPRENTICESHIP
The Trust Fund for Apprentice and Journeyman Education and Training, Local 130 U.A. will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. The Trust Fund for Apprentice and Journeyman Education and Training, Local 130 UA will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.